Sunday, July 17, 2011

Only Wish You Felt the Same

by Jennifer Warf July 17, 2011

Secret glances.
I was lonely when I first discovered you
Your electric charm was overwhelmingly attractive to me
Your talent was beyond what I could fathom
Then, after I had spent months of hoping,
you looked at me.

Amazing. Sparkly. Shiny. New.
You made me happy. You made me feel new.
You were like the mythical fantasy fellow.
And I fell hard, almost foolishly so.
So I was crushed when you looked away.
I felt cheated.

The growing season.
Was long and difficult. And I missed you.
But I branched out and bloomed.
My heart explored beyond my imagination.
And you faded, but did not disappear.
I still remember.

And I reflect.
On what I thought would be perfect.
And I am glad that time repaired my vision.
I am glad for you, my stepping stone -
The one who started up my heart way back then
So it would grow into what it is today.

No comments: